Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Ing nu ren

My tuition today went pretty okay. We were doing literature revision :) and I felt like si tenggang. Sort of. Si tenggang's homecoming is about a man who went abroad and came back weathered by his experiences and with a wealth of knowledge. However, his people at home feels like he is an alien with all his "imported" mannerisms and wisdom and thus alienates him.
I felt like finally, someone could voice out what I was in front of me.
WELL THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED.
I was doing my literature revision really fast, because I had a lot of things that crossed my mind that had to be put into words. (somehow, I like impressing my English teachers. It has to do with primary school. XD) My English tuition teacher asked for my paper, and started marking with blue pen. He reviews my work once in a while which actually means he comes up front, takes the paper and starts going through wordlessly. Sometimes he'd make a comment. I like bettering my English, so I listen.
So my English tuition teacher jokingly chastised the girls in front, which were clearly the ones that are mostly the cheeky good humoured ones that are the life of the class.
"Don't dilly-dally! Kan, ta ke yi zhuo ze me quai. And you?" he said. Something like that.
To which this girl (cheeky and funny) replied spiritedly: "Wo shi hua ren!"
I am Chinese.
I went like. DEEEEEEENG. XD What was I then?
My teacher replied good humouredly, "Na ta shi se mo ne??" XD

Then what is she?
"Ta shi ing nu ren!"
She's an English girl.
"What. XD" that would be me.
I took it to heart. But only slightly. I love this challenge. I'm gonna break through this barrier and show them that I AM HUA REN ALSO DAMMIT. 8D Wohoo!
xxx
I was just retelling my first experience in the English tuition this year, to my dad.
This made me get "picked on" in class. XD this is the beginning.
My English tuition teacher's name is Mr Moey. He has this real high forehead, taller than average, wise eyes though his face is a little moody, a bit of a paunch (the kind that belongs to a former sportsperson but currently not so fit you know?) but strong legs.
He's decisive, witty, cutting, dares to say what he thinks and has a great command of English.
ANYWAY. He has this practice of getting the students to read out the stuff he gives, or gets the students to come out and write on the board. My first class I was rather pensive and shy, and made myself as small as possible. I was shy that once everyone knew my English was good, they'd ostracize me. D: not like I wasn't being alienated already but you know. More reason not to mix with that weird girl. You should know that I stare a lot and make a lot of eye contact with people I'm listening to. So teacher caught my eye a few times.
Thank GOD it didn't get to me in time. :D
The second time I went, I knew I had to read; I sat at the second last row, to get out of reading, but in the end there were just so many lines. So I knew my turn was coming.
Three more people before me. OMG my breath stinks, my throat has phlegm I can't read properly!
Two more. My heart galloped uncontrollably. I crouched down, made myself smaller. Unnoticeable.
The person next to me. OMG her voice is so near; it's gonna be my turn next! AHHHHH
"Next!" said teacher, loud and clear.
So I read my line, clearly. But I was still looking down at my paper.
What happened next was so amazing. :D The whole front part of the class turned back to look at who the hell read that last line. Like where did this oddball come from? XD I don't know about the back. XD
ALAHHHHH should've said "Hi :D" so teacher took notice as well; hard NOT to notice where the class was looking at right? XD Then he said something:
"Wow, look: when you read, you made the whole class turn heads" XD
Ahahahahahh. It was the MOST AMAZING experience ever. :D
xxx
OMG KANTOI OF THE CENTURY
MANDY MOA THE SEXY HIPPO
Today, somehow, every one of us in the family had a stomach ache. My sister Mandy went to the toilet and back to class, which had Seni at that time.
AHAHAHAHAH. Rachel and Sophia I love youuuuu XD
She returned to see Sophia poking at a piece of paper with a pair of compasses, making holes. "What're you doing Sophia?" "Oh." "Making mosquito net!" said Rachel.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAH. "Teacher ask to do? What must we do?"
"Er. XD Take a piece of paper this long *demonstrates* and then you poke holes."
"Okay :D" to which she did exactly that.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH what kind of Seni teacher would make the students buat mosquito net by poking holes onto a piece of paper?! XD
She thought that teacher would take everybody's piece of paper, join them together and make a mosquito net.
Everyone left her alone to laugh HARD at another table. Apparently, she was so concentrated on the work. XD When she was done, she went to that table surrounded by her friends and asked about what to do next. Sophia was like, "Take a piece of paper, write your name and stick it on the thing. Then pass up"
"Okay :D" to which she did exactly that!
She was gonna pass it up already to the unsuspecting teacher, when Sophia couldn't hold it in any longer and laughed like crazy when she revealed the prank.
HAHAHAHAHAHAH. Rachel wanted to hold longer till Mandy actually passes it up!
So funny lah that girl. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment