Wednesday, July 7, 2010

WTF DEVI'S

WHY!
My dream since Form 3 was to fill up 3 tables with us Christian Fellowship members under the shade of those leafy romantic trees of Devi's Corner just like in Szetho's time but HOW THE CRAP CAN WE DO THAT IF YOU CLOSE DOWN
And become a bank?
:(
xxx
At least we did use three tables once, two weeks ago. :) I guess that's enough.
Still! Why my yearrrrrrrrr
AJFSDFSCNOWEYCGVFSMGJFWEIKPOSFKL
:'(
xxx
Aih.
I should explain myself. XD I'm the president of Christian Fellowship, the figurative mom of all my members :3 hahahahahahha. I love being able to get close to all of them in God's presence and have fun with them each Friday of the week, sometimes with a break in between. I like playing the guitar and leading worship, I like being able to sing in front of them and they have some measure of fun. I like prayer groups where we just talk about anything, I like sharing word because we all get something like a post-it note in our minds throughout the week.
However, throughout the years our numbers have dwindled.
In addition to that, the new headmistress didn't let us have a meeting of Christians or non-Muslims in general during their annual big prayer in the beginning of the year. It was horrible! I couldn't see why we couldn't pray as well while spreading the word that there was a Christian Fellowship organization in our school. No one knows about it, NO ONE.
Okay maybe a few. But NOT ENOUGH :)
It's the first time we didn't have this meeting ever since I stepped into the school. And I can assure you it's been done before I was in SMKSH as well.
I told her it was a tradition, but she wanted the right platform to hold this event.
Platform.
What the hey.
But I've gotten past that, asking everyone to spread the word by mouth and I try to be as persuasive as possible to get people in ;D I prayed once for it. Then Mandy got June in, then got Jayne, Celeste, Alex, Janine and Gary in. AND I WAS LIKE 8D
Hahahahahhahaha!
After that, our long time venue, Canaan Church wasn't available to us anymore; Pastor Daniel is expanding the church and slotting a new ministry in the time slot we have our CF, so it's kind of... awkward. So he told us, and I was absolutely devastated. I couldn't think straight for a week. I guess it's my fault, because I've started CF late this year (April). I take the blame lah, but I felt so bad for the members because I didn't know what to do. So I prayed for this too!
And you know what? Cheng Jin (gotta love him :D) saved all our asses by suggesting we go to the park! :D If we're gung ho enough that is. So I got everyone to the park, and they were willing to come :'D I'm so proud of them. We had 2 sessions in the park and scouting sessions with Cheng Jin and Jeffrey, where we went around looking for possible locations where CF could be held. It was a little off-putting since we went on a Friday afternoon when no one was in ANY church, so we just got their numbers and headed our separate ways. Joyce got the number of a pastor of a nearby River of Life Sanctuary church and I sms-ed the pastor after some time, because I took time to mull things over and school was getting busy.
And you know what? One of the youth leaders (which later became known and loved as Soon Seng and Anne) replied my sms and emailed me! And then we got to know each other and used their own youth place called Stamped, where they have air con, drums, a keyboard, a whole lot of space, a toilet, projector and more than we could've asked for. I was so bloody happyyyyy :3
So we got past that too.
But now, now DEVI'S IS CLOSING DAMMIT
I can't move on :'( they didn't even give us any bloody notice! D: I feel so cheated. Hahahahaha. XD
I'll miss so much, like the payasam, the uncles, the kakak-s. I hope they move some place else and not disappear altogether :'(
Aih.

No comments:

Post a Comment