Saturday, June 20, 2009

In the blue.

I am, feeling sad again. Mak aih. xxx DIE Ngat Ming for dubbing my blog "like literature"!!!!! XD I've always thought my blog was easy reading! Well. Proved me wrong. XD I RETRACT WHAT I SAID~ Ngat Ming don't die on me :) xxx

I have had so many encounters with near-death. And death. Like today, Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson have left the world. Rest in peace. I used to stay up till 1 am to watch Charlie's Angels the old series on TV2. I loved it. And who could forget Michael Jackson, the oh so controversial one? He had a killer moonwalk, great moves, was black and white in his entire lifetime, sang Thriller which is still the highest, most laris selling album out there, and don't forget his signature EE-HEEEEEEE~ :D So all I have to say is rest in peace and we love you. xxx We recently bela 5 birds in a pink cage. After 2 weeks or so, today Chloe decided to let them go. OMG disaster wei. Pa took one out, rather easily, and let it fly. It was so beautiful, watching its journey; flapping over to the green tree beyond the boundaries of the condominium. But what happened next? Surely this couldn't be called a disaster? Chloe tried to catch a bird in the cage and took one out rather roughly, since she obviously like all us budak bandar has no experience whatsoever. She ended up accidentally damaging its wing, and it jumped out of her grasp.... .... ....and off the balcony. *HORRIFIEDREMORSEFULFACE* I, was so F*CKING scared. Chloe had such a guilty face on; I didn't have the heart to chastise her. Or even say anything. Damaged wing + a jump off the balcony = .......? We looked down and I saw the bird, unmoving. We stared, with such a great hope that it would just move its head or something. Nothing happened. I helped kill something alive and well, only a scant 5 minutes before we laid hands on it. I helped to kill. I killed. So Chloe and I went down, and checked the "crime scene" out. Out the door: Chloe had a sad face on just like mine. In the lift: it grew a little sadder. Out the lift: Chloe was sobbing. I couldn't believe it either. I felt so bad, and she just stayed at the lift entrance while I went over to see how a dead bird looked like; my overactive mind conjured... images = = I was so scared! I advanced slowly, slowly. And then I realized that there was slight movement; like how I would breathe if something dangerous was approaching. Fast. Shallow. Silent. It was alive? "CHLOE IT'S ALIVE! IT'S ALIVE!" not that I was doing an impersonation of Dr Frankenstein. It was actually okay! It survived the fall and jumped out of our reach. I, in my baju kurung uniform immediately gave chase and it hopped beneath a yellow 4 wheel drive. I was so grateful that it was alive. MAIIIIII gosh. The little bugger kept us downstairs at the car for at least half an hour, just chasing it out of the shelter of the car body and the tyres. GOD the tyres. The rain was gone but the puddles certainly weren't. I went down on my palms and chased it out, finally. It then proceeded to hide behind an old cupboard (because you see, the car was parked near the big refuse disposal area.... but it didn't smell when we went down.) It didn't really fight much by that time, I guess it was tired. As tired as us hopping around the car for so bloody long. I know I don't have the right to be angry at something I almost accidentally killed but... still! It was cornered against the wall. I didn't know what to do, but I reached for the bird head first so that I don't hurt its wing any more than necessary. It worked! I boleh tangkap burung okay? Don't play play. :D hahahaha.

Sure, it lashed out at me and pecked my finger a few times but I got it. I stroked it all the way, feeling its little heart beat frantically and enjoying the warmth such a little body could produce. I then exclaimed to this uncle who has been there watching us suspiciously circling the car from the start, "LOOK uncle we caught a bird!" He was nice :) he gave us a pointer; he said he saw some people spray water from a distance on the bird to keep it cool and less stressed. I tried it at home and it worked XD whoa. Thank you, whoever you are. So remember the first one Pa let go? Well he said we'd have to let another two out to keep the one company and leave one to keep the injured one company. I didn't let two out, but I did let one go. I said *soothingly I hope* to the birds, "I'm not gonna hurt you I'm not gonna hurt you!" but they flapped around still, because you know. I'm a human, not a bird. I must seem like a huge alien out to get them or something, because I hurt one of their friends. So I took 15 minutes catching another bird, head first because it looked like it worked, and then took it out of the cage. It bit me :D I actually had two pink marks on my middle finger because it bit me. Not a peck. A bite. XD So COOL. XD Revenge lah kot. I let it go like how Pa did; the bird looked like it was doing fine and then it didn't swerve in time and hit the neighbouring house's wall head on. I was like. DEEEEEEEEEEENG. And then OH NO did the bird die?! Not again.... and I gazed at it, hoping... and it moved its head! I sure hope it flew away and didn't have a concussion or anything. I am so so so so so sorry, you two. So right now we have 3 birds in residence. It seemed like they were stuck in the cage too long and they forgot how to fly. Mm-hmm. Just like us.

No comments:

Post a Comment